Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Trash Talk Thursday: Repurposed Desk Organizers

Humans often feel the need to organize their workspace, sometimes by purchasing even more clutter in their efforts to organize the existing clutter ~ as a trip to most thrift stores will attest to. Desk organizers are also great for stashing stuff in most any other room ~ TV remotes in the living room,  garden supplies in the shed, art supplies, tools, kitchen gadgets, recipes, booklets & pamphlets to name a few.
Here's a cast-off Pottery Barn organizer which I found for $1.99 at the Salvation Army Thrift Store, a bit beat up but constructed very well of solid wood...
After a coat of flat green wall paint with lightly sanded/distressed edges and a cloth-rubbed coat of walnut wood stain, it was ready for displaying some photo props by the back door!  Complete directions for how to paint/distress vintage wares can be found on my youtube tutorial by simply clicking here.
Here are photos of some of my other repurposed desk organizer projects...


Add caption


 
copyright 2013 www.redshedvintage.com


 
Follow me on YouTube
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Etsy
Follow me on Facebook
 


 



 

 

2 comments: