Monday, October 5, 2015

Leather 3rd Anniversary Travel Journals

It's been almost a year since I posted anything here on my blog, wow @ how time flies! I've been enjoying spending time with family this year, with 4 separate family reunion events in as many months. Lately my social media sharing has mostly been via Instagram & Facebook ~ but many of those pics have been food related as we've been experimenting with vegetarian/organic/healthy eating this year. With the arrival of Fall, I'm feeling crafty once again...

Here's a recent craft project I created on a whim for a couple's anniversary gift. Since the traditional 3rd anniversary gift is leather and they travel a lot, I found some nifty faux leather journals on Amazon and decided to add personalized 'luggage tags' ~ made from an upcycled leather wallet!




Through the years, my husband has accumulated a drawer full of Christmas gift men's wallets. (Being a man, he rarely changes wallets so he's got about 3 lifetimes of wallets saved up!)  Using craft scissors, I cut the sections where photo ID's slide into and printed some catchy personalized tags ~ gluing the 'luggage tags' onto the 1st page in the journal.
(The twig pencils came from TJ Maxx.)

With the leftover leather, I cut a heart shape & glued that to a gift card I made from my stash of DIY wedding invitations.





redshedvintage.com© copyright 2015 
                       Follow me on Facebook 
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on YouTube
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Etsy




















No comments:

Post a Comment